This recipe will have your kitchen smelling nothing short of amazing. It's a very affordable recipe, takes less than 5 minutes prep time and only involves 5 ingredients. It's a fantastic everyday recipe and is great for leftovers to take to work for lunch.
- 5 -8 chicken drumsticks
- oregano or Italian seasoning herb mix
- olive oil
- Sprinkle a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan
- Put the drumsticks in the pan and leave the skin on (now, ideally they shouldn't be touching, but it's not the end of the world if they are) (also, you want to at least leave the skin on the chicken while it is cooking, it helps to trap in the moisture. Personally I love eating the skin, it's the best part in my opinion)
- Take the oregano or Italian seasonings and sprinkle as much or as little as you like onto the drumsticks. Don't add too much, oregano is fairly flavorful and you don't want it to be too overpowering (unless you like that sort of thing)
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper
- Bake at 375 for half an hour. Turn drumsticks over and add just a touch more oregano, pepper and salt (same as before).
- Bake another half an hour (or until cooked til 160 degrees)
Goes really well with Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes.