Peanut Butter Cookies are a wonderfully inexpensive way to enjoy a tasty dessert at a minimal cost. You'll be amazed at how quick and effortless they are to make!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (either smooth or chunky, which ever texture you'd prefer)
- 1 cup brown sugar (it's okay though to white sugar if you'd like)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips, Milk Chocolate Chips or Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- OPTIONAL: Any kind of Hershey's Kiss
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Take the butter and peanut butter and cream them together in a mixing bowl
- When blended, add the sugar and mix for 2-3 more minutes
- Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder
- Then slowly add the flour and beat until light and fluffy
- If you have decided to add the chocolate chips, add them now
- Take the dough and form them into about ping pong ball sized balls (about 1 and 1/2 inches)
- Space them about 2 to 2 1/2 inches apart from each other on a non-stick cookie sheet
- Flatten gently with a fork in a crisscross fashion.
- Don't press them too hard (or they'll be too flat) or too soft (or they'll be under cooked on the inside)
- If you are going to add Hershey's Kisses, don't press flat with fork.
- Instead flatten with the palm of your hand or gently with a glass and place on kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes
- Take cookie sheet out of over and let cool for a few minutes
- Then take the cookies off the rack and let cool some more or just eat them when they're hot and still a little gooey, either way is delicious!